Moments of intense pride

We have been working on "mastering" addition facts. (Ben was doing well in math in school -- but he was still using his fingers for almost all addition and subtraction.) This week we have been working on +2. At the end of the week Ben breezed through his worksheet. When I asked him a couple of facts orally he stumbled. I took out the chart and a sticker and I asked, "What do you think. Have you mastered these facts or do we need one more week?" He looked at me thoughtfully... and said "I think I need one more week."

Wow! It takes a lot of maturity to resist putting the sticker on the sheet and recognize that more practice is needed!

3 comments:

MoscowMom said...

I would be so, so proud of Ben, too. What a special little boy he is; what a great man he'll grow up to be. Gosh, your daughter-in-law is going to love you one day...

Anonymous said...

i sent the boys a postcard from lisboa, did it arrive?

Leo

Katya said...

Yes! They just got it yesterday. The boys were so excited to get the card. We looked Lisbon up on the map and on the internet. Ian and I are jealous -- we want to go there, too.