Weekend Roundup - Scouts & Bikes

Saturday - First Wolf Cub Meeting
We had the first Wolf Cub meeting of the year. Last spring Brandon and I combined our dens making a big den of 14 boys; 6 new boys signed up this year so we now have 20 Wolf Cubs and 3 den leaders! We had our first meeting at Piedmont Park and we divided the boys between 3 stations: calisthenics (part of their Wolf badge requirements), biking, and sledding. Sledding you ask? How do you sled in Atlanta? Well... in the south it is called sliding and it is done year round. It involves a steep grassy hill, a flattened cardboard box, and a push from a strong grownup. I wish I had brought my camera.

Needless to say I was EXHAUSTED after all this. I could barely walk back to the car I was feeling so sore.

Sunday - Silver Comet Trail
The boys decided to try out a new biking trail - the Silver Comet Trail. It is a rails-to-trails trail and it was great. We have been having a September heat wave (temps in the 90's) so it was very nice to be biking on a shady trail. They biked 15 miles!!!
The boys all came back quite tired so they all lay down for an afternoon rest... I got up from my rest to find the house very quiet...

Shh... don't wake the sleepy dad...

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I took Liesel for a walk on the rails to trails in town this afternoon and it was gorgeous - sunny, breezy, probably around 80 in the direct sun. Most of the trail is shaded under a tree canopy along the river. I saw two of the bikes like you just bought. What a nifty bike.

Does Ian take your dog on any of the bike rides with the boys?

I can imagine that the Wolf Den meeting with all those boys did tire you out.

Katya said...

No... the dog hangs out at home with me. Ben wants to pull the bike trailer that Nik used to sit in so that he can bring Shadow.

Shadow just got his hair cut so maybe I will take a picture of him tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

15 miles! That is impressive. No wonder Ian is sleeping like a baby.
Olga