Icicle

On Friday I took the kitten to the vet to get it checked out. The vet proclaimed it is a she and she is 5 weeks old. The vet asked if I was keeping her, and I said that I was going to find her a new home once she was tamed. Then the vet asked if we had named her... I said that her name was Icicle. The vet laughed and told me she would see me in three weeks for the next set of shots.

Icicle is incredibly hungry. I have never seen anything that hungry in my whole life. She eat ravenously when we feed her. She plunges her whole face in the food making a terrible mess and getting her white fur dirty. 

What is most astonishing is  how quickly this little feral kitten has become tamer. She still hisses at us when we walk by or reach down to pick her up... but once she is picked up she quickly settles into your chest and purrs incredibly loudly. Yesterday she fell asleep on my chest while I was watching TV. She will let the kids pick her up and hold her. I let her play in my lap and she rolled over so I could scratch her belly. You still can't let her go... she immediately wedges herself into a tiny hiding place and hisses.

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Tell us in 3 weeks if you want to give her up as you all are going to get attached to her. I bet the hissing will soon stop as she'll get used to being held and loved. Glad that she is healthy.

Anonymous said...

Now you have no excuses left - you will get chickens next, and than a couple of miniature goats.
olga

Tina in CT said...

I love your comment Olga!