Over the weekend I repainted the corner of the attic and last night I sketched out the space portion of the mural:
I can't claim any natural drawing talent... so I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make a DIY projector.
I printed the coloring page on transparency paper and tried putting a light bulb behind it... it didn't work. Then I tried a flashlight, that was too dim. My huge maglight was the right size but I didn't have two extra hands to hold the light still and the transparency still so I needed a mounting system.
Finally I mounted the transparency on a box with the bottom removed (the blue plastic bin in the picture) using a clip. I removed the light condenser (the shiny silver part around the lightbulb) from the maglight and rested it on a portable heater on wheels so I could move the light back and forth. Ta da!