Random conversations with Nik...

Nik: Mom... Can you make hash brownies some day?
Me: WHAT?!
Nik: Hash brownies. Can you make them?
Me: [desperately trying to figure out what to say] Umm... I'm not sure what they are. Where did you try them?
Nik: T* (our sitter) got two at McDonald's and she let me eat some. With ketchup.
Me: [Relieved beyond words] Sure. We can make hash browns....

_____________

Nik: I made a new friend today.
Me: What is your friend's name?
Nik: She hasn't told it to me yet.
Me: Oh. Is it the little girl on your soccer team?
Nik: No. She has the wrong shoe size.
Me: Huh...
Still not sure how to respond to that one...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the hush brownies are the Louisiana thing. Do you remember the fried balls served in every restaurant in Louisiana?
Have no idea of any significance of the shoe size.
Olga

Katya said...

Those are hush PUPPIES!

Unknown said...

HA! Gotta love colloquial southern English!

angryspaceman said...

they start with the drugs so young these days!

L

Joe Ganci said...

Thank you for a wonderful laugh at the start of my Friday! I never thought about the close wording of hash browns and hash brownies. Be careful what you order! :-)