Pool fun

The kids and I headed out to the pool at 8:30 this morning. It was already 80 and the sun was beaming down. The pool is a shady, .7km walk from our house so it was very pleasant. When we got to the pool the kiddie area was empty and the lanes were full of serious swimmers so we decided to play in the kiddie pool. Notice the giant shade tarps over the pool!

The kiddie area quickly filled up and the kids and I moved over to the big pool to do some swimming. The water was cool and the sun was scorching but because the air is dry (25% humidity dropping to 19% by mid-afternoon) the breeze really makes the air feel chilly when you get out of the water.

The kids had fun and 2.5 hours later we headed home tired and cold. The cold didn't last long... by the time we got home (about 15 minutes) the kids' hair and swim suits were dry. The bath towels I had put out this morning on the laundry line were bone dry. The forecast high for the afternoon keeps climbing with the temperature. Currently it is pegged at 101... but it is 91 already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, all I can say is wow!
The pool looks wonderful with the sails above it.
Olga

Elle said...

Sounds and looks amazing. Our weather is gross right now. Thanks for sharing your world :)

Tina in CT said...

I agree with your mom about how the kiddie pool looks. Is this a public pool nearby?

101 and it's spring! Yikes! Looks like you'll be using lots of sunscreen. Sure different than November in CT, Ann Arbor and Hanover!

April Rescigno said...

Hey Katya, how do we go about sending Holidays cards to you guys 'down under'?

I don't think I've sent anything overseas since I had a pen pal in Bolivia in 5th grade!

Anonymous said...

April,
I am planning to email my cards, it is so much easier and faster!
Olga