Nik's 6 Week Report Card

Nikki's teacher called me yesterday afternoon to give us the 6 week update. She said Nikki "is a sweetheart" and gets along well with the teachers and other kids. She said that he is a joy and the teachers all love him. Aww... It is always nice to hear other people love your kids as much as you do...

On the less positive side she was concerned that he can't make rhymes and had trouble with scissors work. Ok... the second part is my fault because I hid all the scissors after I found him giving haircuts to stuffed animals. The first... well... there is a 60% chance he will be dyslexic... so perhaps an early introduction to phonics is in order...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My congratulations to Nik!
Job well done!
Olga

Tina in CT said...

I was surprised to read that he had a 60% chance of having dyslexia. Good that you can start the early phonics and we know that you definitely have a gift for teaching. I keep commenting what a natural you are.

It must have made you feel so good to know that your son is so well like and doing well.

MoscowMom said...

Kudos on the good comments. At least this time around you're prepared; you've done all your research. I guess it can't hurt to start the early phonics :-)