Seriously folks...

Seriously folks... I mean, come on?! What is going on here?!?

Friday afternoon - I am talking with my contractor about the kitchen layout and he says, "Did you just see something?" Huh? He walks over to where he saw something out of the corner of his eye and looks up. A drop of water lands on his face. We crawl through the attic crawl space and sure enough, the roof is leaking.

Friday evening - I get the call I have been dreading. Ian calls me to pick him up because he was hit as he was biking home. A Vespa scooter was trying to get around another car that had cut it off. The Vespa's kickstand caught the wheel of Ian's bike and pulled it out from under him while he was waiting to turn. The Vespa dragged his bike up the road for a block before it realized Ian's bike was attached. Ian walked away with pretty minor injuries -- just some scrapes and bruises. But we were both pretty shaken up.

Saturday - After a very long and tiring day of looking at kitchen stuff we picked up some food from an organic store. I went to microwave my veggies and rice. Suddenly I heard a snap and saw a spark. The microwave is dead.

Today is Sunday. I think I will stay in bed all day. I can't handle any more drama, crises, or anything else going wrong or breaking.

6 comments:

April Rescigno said...

My grandmother always said that bad things happened in 3's... I think you've more than hit your quota as of late.

Hang in there!

Tina in CT said...

Oh my! Thank goodness Ian was not seriusly hurt in the biking accident.

I have roof and leaking problems too.

Anonymous said...

Good decision! Just try to stick with it for as long as you can. (afraid it will be not too long)
Olga

Anonymous said...

April,
I am of the same conviction as your grandmother. I am still waiting for the third one ( of most horrible things) to come true. For some I am waiting for decades now.
Have no idea what it means, but still counting.
Olga

MoscowMom said...

Oh, gosh, Katya! How horrible!!!!!!! Thank God Ian is OK!!!!! I can just picture you somehow turning all of this into teachable moments, though... Are the kids learning anything about construction/measurement, etc? If anyone could make lemonade out of these lemons, it would be you....

BIG HUGS!

Joe Ganci said...

My goodness, Katya! How horrible! The important thing is that Ian did not get seriously hurt. Seriously, the whole house could fall down around you and it would be better than any one of you being seriously hurt.

I'm so sorry you're going through such crap. Why, oh why, do the good ones get the crap thrown at them? I'll be down in May and I'll do my best to wash some of the crap off you!