What are we up to?

What are we up to? I can't tell you... but either there will be huge changes to our lives in the next two weeks or there won't. The changes may be near term (a few months) or long term (several years). They may start immediately or they may start in a couple of weeks or in a couple of months. AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH! I can't stand the uncertainty. I want a definite answer. Now. Today.

I can tell you that we have spent the weekend de-cluttering the attic to free up storage space, tidying the yard, and buying warmer clothes.

I promise I'll let you know more by the end of the week... 'cause I should know more by then... but let's just say that our household has been thrown in a tizzy by some unexpected developments. All good. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime everyone has been reacting to the stress in their own way - the dog has been mopey, the kids cranky, and I haven't been sleeping well. Ian is giddy with excitement and I am swinging wildly between elation and hysteria.

It has made for some strange conversations. I overheard Ben talking to his best friend...
Adam "Do you want to get together later this week?"
Ben "I'm not sure I can. I may be in *** by the end of this week."
Adam "Oh. What about when you get back?"
Ben "I'm not sure when we'll be back."

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Sounds like a possible move due to Ian's business. You are teasing us with your email. I'll be checking often for more news.

MoscowMom said...

Wow!!!! Fingers crossed it works out how you want!!!

Joe Ganci said...

I hope you guys are moving to DC!

Anonymous said...

Joe,
I like your take on it.
Olga

Tina in CT said...

I bet your parents are hoping for a move to CT.