The aftermath...

After 15 days on the road we unloaded the car and were faced with this...


Unfortunately the cold I had for the last couple of days of the vacation morphed into bronchitis... so I have been down for the count this week. I got about 90% of the stuff put away on Sunday but I have made no further progress this week other than 10 loads of laundry...

I have spent all week sitting on the couch, feeling sorry for myself, and drinking tea with lemon and honey. The boys have built every lego set they got. Then, after a bout of boredom, Ben broke out his origami book and has been going through it. Nik has been making random contraptions with anything he can lay his hands on. The floor of the living room and the coffee table are littered with the successes and failures of their projects. It looks like a hurricane shredded and scattered the contents of a recycle bin all over the floor.

We have also watched so much children's TV that my brain is oozing out of my ears. I can now sing the theme song of every preschool program shown on Australian TV.

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Hope you got some good drugs from the doctor and are on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Sounds terrible!
Hope you will feel better soon.
Olga

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!