Molly, the school nurse, called me today as SOON as I got home from picking up Nik. Ben threw up right after lunch, could I come get him. Well... by the time I picked him up he was chipper and full of life. I quarantined him in his room for the afternoon just to be sure... but I think that it may have been something he ate. or nerves. anyway.
Nikki took full advantage of my distraction. Every time I was otherwise occupied (checking on Ben, answering the phone, using the bathroom) he got in trouble. Nikki:
- fed the dog popcorn
- threw his weaving loops ALL over the living room
- scattered every sofa cushion
- spilled water all over the floor
- hid in the bathroom and washed cardboard
- got the scissors out of the bathroom to trim various things around the house
Sigh. He has been so good all week... and then he turned into a little terrorist this afternoon.
So we are having a bad afternoon. Ben missed a playdate and the pinewood derby. Nikki is destroying the house. The dog is eating out of the trash can. And I am trying to decide if Ben is really sick and I should cancel tomorrow's interview or if we can go tomorrow...